Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Luttrell Psalter

Well it has been a while since anyone posted anything. I have been working very hard at getting my Masters finished but this doesn't mean that I have not done any scribal work while I have been studying.

One scroll I have finished is a Laurel scroll based on the Luttrell Psalter. This is a rather amazing book that shows lots of small scenes of country life as well as a huge number of weird and wonderful animal/ monster type things.



As I was researching for the scroll I came across a set of YouTube clips that cover a documentary on the Luttrell Psalter. So here is a copy of the scroll I have been working on and here is the documentary that I watched. It is only about 30-40 minutes if you watch the whole thing and it is well worth it. There are a couple of others to watch once you have watched this first one but the links should come up I hope at the end of this one.


Caristiona

No comments:

Post a Comment